The W.H. Stark House is open for tours by appointment.
Call 409.883.0871 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your visit. Tours are free but subject to site and staff availability.
About The W.H. Stark House
Built between 1893 and 1895, The W.H. Stark House was a home for over 40 years. Miriam and William Stark moved in sometime in late 1894 with their 7-year-old son Lutcher Stark. The House was Miriam’s dream home, modeled after the large Queen Anne style mansions she grew up admiring in her hometown of Williamsport, Pennyslvania. Over the years the couple filled their home with many collections and were always updating the building. The House and its contents were left largely untouched after their death. Restored in the 1970s, The W.H. Stark House stands today filled with the things Miriam and William left behind. Tours feature 2 floors and 10 rooms. The objects on display include art, furniture, household accessories, rugs, linens, and more collected from around the world and throughout their lifetime.
The Nelda C. and H.J. Lutcher Stark Foundation honors active duty military and their families by providing free admission to them at The W.H. Stark House and its partners, Shangri La Botanical Gardens and Nature Center and the Stark Museum of Art, throughout the year. Between Memorial Day and Labor Day, The W.H. Stark House and its partners participate in the Blue Star Program, a collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, the Department of Defense, and more than 1,800 museums across America to offer free admission to all active duty military personnel and their families.