Temporarily closed due to COVID-19
After careful consideration, the Stark Museum of Art, Shangri La Botanical Gardens and Nature Center and The W.H. Stark House are to close beginning Tuesday, March 17, 2020, and will remain closed until further notice.
Click here to stay #SCVconnected with us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube!
The W.H. Stark House is excited to announce 2nd Friday & Saturday Monthly Tours for the 2020 season. Tours include all three floors of the main House, feature two recently restored rooms, and, as always, display original family furnishings, personal effects, and decorative arts. Reserve your free tour today!
Friday-Saturday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
We invite you and your family to share the holidays with us at The W.H. Stark House. On the second floor, enjoy a glimpse of an intimate family Christmas in our restored Sitting Room, complete with silk wall treatment minted in France and installed by the textile team from Woven Inspiration in Galveston, TX. All restoration elements have been painstakingly researched to showcase the House as it was in its prime.
Friday-Saturday 10 a.m.-4 p.m. | Sunday 12:30-4:30 p.m.
- November 27-29, 2020
- December 4-5, 2020
- December 11-12, 2020
- December 18-19, 2020
Specialty Tours feature an in depth look at a specific topic or part of the collection in an after-hours program.
- Home is Where the Heart is: A Love Story at the W.H. Stark House – February 27, 2020
- Chapter One: Literature & Legacy at The W.H. Stark House – April 16, 2020 – CANCELLED
- Here, There & Everywhere: Stark Family Travels – June 25, 2020 – CANCELLED
- Austin Bound: Lutcher Stark Leaves Home – August 27, 2020
- Family Day 1st Floor Tours – March 7, 2020 (10 a.m.- 2 p.m.)
- Art in the Park 1st Floor Tours – April 4, 2020 (10 a.m.- 3 p.m.) – CANCELLED
- Stark Reading Contest County Final – April 26, 2020 (2 p.m.) – POSTPONED
Mother’s Day with Miriam – May 7, 2020 (5:30-7 p.m.)
- Prohibition Party – October 24, 2020 (10 a.m.- 2 p.m.)